Who We Are
- The Indonesian Children Cancer Foundation (YOAI) was set up on 24 May 1993, by a group of parents who are grateful for the recovery of their son/daughter who were inflicted with cancer. And supported by sympathizer, volunteers, psychologists and doctors.
- We believe that every child with cancer, deserves access to the best possible treatment and care.
- To assist the government efforts in developing children welfare in the field of health care, especially early detection and treatment of children with cancer in Indonesia.
- To raise community awareness and attention to childhood cancer.
- To assist medical treatment for patients of children with cancer from less income families.
- To disseminate information on childhood cancer, early detection and mitigation in the form of:
- Holding Seminar for group of public community, schools and counseling for Community Social Workers
- Holding Scientific Seminars and Workshop for doctors
- Provide counseling, sharing and experience among patients of children with cancer and their families through our program of the “Family Supporting Group”
- Develop an adequate Integrated Children Ward.
- Foster relations with Agencies or social foundation, hospitals, local organizations as well as international institutions.
- YOAI cooperate with five hospitals in Jakarta: RSUPN dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo, RS Kanker “Dharmais”, RSUPN Fatmawati, RS Anak & Bunda Harapan Kita, and RSPAD Gatot Subroto
- Since 1999 YOAI became member of the International Confederation of Childhood Cancer Parents Organizations (ICCCPO), which was originally set up in Spain in 1994. Up to presents ICCCPO has member of 147 organizations from 81 countries around the world.